The German word ‘Liebster’ has several definitions, including kind, lovely, pleasant and valued. The Liebster Award was apparently created ‘to recognise and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.’ This certainly seems like a kind and pleasant thing to do, and thank you to the very lovely Lindsey over at the brilliant http://www.101thingstodowithkids.com for my nomination.
So it works like this:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Here goes – 11 Random Facts:
1. I have big hair. I mean really big. On hot days my curls are like corkscrews and it’s kind of amazing, the volume of it, but I am massively self-conscious about it. So until I learn to embrace the curl (or move to a really hot country), my GHD’s will remain my prized possession.
2. Birds indoors freak me out. The very idea of a bird flying into a room I am in makes me want to scream.
3. Barnacles. Ewwwwww. So clingy.
4. I know every single word to the ‘Heinz Builds Brits’ song.
5. I know that Dr Karl Kennedy’s full name is Dr Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy.
6. I was once in the same room as George Clooney. Sorry, sorry. George Swooney.
7. My most favourite book in the world is Roald Dahl’s The BFG.
8. I once made my brother a ham and savoy cabbage sandwich, mistaking the cabbage for lettuce.
9. My favourite joke of all time is ‘What do you call a man in a paper suit? Russell!’ *sniggers*
10. I can light a lighter using my feet.
11. My favourite quote is ‘Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does’ – Anon.
Next up – 5 bloggers who may currently have less than 200 followers:
Now for my questions from Lindsey:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I am already lucky enough to live in my most favourite place in the world, but for somewhere new I’d choose Melbourne.
2. Do you have any pets?
3. Facebook or twitter?
4.What is your favourite food?
Currently risotto. Sometimes sausage rolls (the shame!)
5.Where did you last go on holiday?
Cala Galdana, Menorca
6. Best childhood memory?
Too many to choose from, which makes me very lucky
7. What’s your favourite movie?
8. Which celebrity would you most like to have dinner with?
9. What was the last thing you ate?
10. If you lived in a different decade which would you choose?
This is tough – errrrm maybe the 80’s so my giant hair would be acceptable?!
11.How long have you been blogging?
Since the birth of my gorgeous Zee in 2013
And finally, my questions to the bloggers I nominated:
1. What is your favourite power ballad?
2. What book are you reading right now?
3. What is your favourite joke?
4. What are your favourite three words?
5. Which three words would you use to describe yourself?
6. Sweet or savoury?
7. Have you ever lived abroad/would you like to?
8. What is your earliest childhood memory?
9. Do you have a favourite musical?
10. Top 3 songs that make you really happy?
11. Coffee or tea?
Thank you for reading and thank you Lindsey!